The Cook-A-Long is a virtual kitchen for Medieval and Renaissance Cooking enthusiasts in the SCA. Each month a period recipe will be posted in the original language (when available) and a translation. All cooks are encouraged to try their hand at redacting and preparing the monthly dish and post his/ her results to the blog. If you are interested in becoming a participant in this cook a long, or would like to submit a dish for the month please send an e-mail to valkyr8 (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dance/ Cooks Symposium

Greetings to all who may still read this quiet list.

I was recently contacted by a friend who is pondering the possibility of a event that will consist of a dance symposium and a cooking symposium.  I find the thought intriguing and I would love to hear your thoughts.

Do you think there is an interest in having a cooking symposium?
Do any of you know if something like this is already in the works in the kingdom?
Do any of you have ideas of what you would like to see?

Right now there is nothing fleshed out so all brainstorming is welcome.

Giovanna

3 comments:

Aurora Lucia Marinella said...

I think it sounds like a lovely idea but which kingdom are you asking about? I hope it's the Middle!

ecb said...

Yes, please. :-)

Liz said...

Sorry, I was refering to Northshield. That being said if any kingdom would want to go forward with the idea I do not believe anyone would have issues. I'm sure such events have happened in the past. ;^)